Monday, November 12, 2007

Visitting a farm in Sefkerin

This week I've had a visitor from Norway. Per brought along brunost, dark bread, chocolate and other things we Norwegians appreciate. Per went to Hald last year (traveled to Uganda), and he came to Serbia to visit his friends Andja and Danijel. My (and Bojan's) place is pretty space so he was staying at our place during his one week visit. (There is cheap Norwegian flights every Saturday, hint hint). I ended up guiding him around a lot, which was pretty fun! Always nice to talk some more Norwegian and share ones experiences.

Per wanted to see a Serbian village, so one day Danijel took us to Sefkerin. Sefkerin is a small village north of Belgrade where Danijel's cousin has a farm. It was very interesting for me as well, since I haven't seen much of Serbian villages either. In the province of Vojvodina (north Serbia), where I live, it's pretty flat and the soil is supposed to be very good. So there is a lot of agriculture here. One of the main things is corn and pigs (I've been invited to join in on slaughtering a pig in December, I look very much forward to that!) Farming is a little bit different here than it's in Norway!

This pig was really huge!It'salmost impossible to visit someone in Serbia, without being served food and snacks. There is really a lot of corn in these places.The farmer is showing a tiny bit of his crop.
Per was visiting from Norway, and I think he enjoyed his visit.One of the local kids had some fantastic shoes.

No comments: