Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Birthdayparty and AIDS-day (og den internasjonale røykvarslerdagen)

1. December is the international day of AIDS and also the day of the firealarms (I'm actually not quite sure if this event is only Norwegian or if its also international). It so happens that on the 1. December 1935 Woody Allen was born in New York, its also a fact that on 1. December in the small Norwegian city called Stavanger in the year of 1982 a little baby was born 1 month early. As a matter of fact that "little" boy is now 25 years and lives in Serbia. And such an event demands a celebration!

I had a great party with a lot of people. We were around 20 people. I had expected more than 30 to come, but this is Serbia and apparently "I'm definitely coming!" doesn't mean the same here as in Norway. But no worries, I have leftovers for half a month! We had two pigs, more than 50 litres of drinks (didn't know how I calculated that), 5 cakes, ice cream and a mountain of snacks.

There were a variety of nations represented. One from China, three from USA, one from Angola, four from Norway and Serbia. If we count origin like they do here, we also had Greece, Macedonia, Croatia, Bosnia and probably Monte Negro. Hope I didn't forget any.
Like mentioned earlier, we had two pigs.

2.dec. I set a personal record I talked on Skype with Asbjørn (my flatmate from Bergen) for about 2 hours and 20 minutes. It was really great talking to him. He sent me a picture from his new job and I'm realizing that I miss the Norwegian stone, mountains, tunnels and machines.

There is a lot of beautiful Norwegian stone on this picture! Look at the quality! With this kinda stone there is almost no need for artificial support. Let's hope Asbjørn doesn't listen too much to my geology knowledge and miscalculates something.

3 comments:

Thiago said...

Gratulerer igjen
I Serbia du spise bare svinkjøtt.
Her, i Norge jeg spiste ogso sau hodet "smalehovud"!
Men det var hyggelig got.
Vennlig hilsen
Har en fin Dag!

Inki and Ole Einar said...

Torstein!! !gralla m dagen paa etterskudd! hakke hatt internett paa leenge (fins ikke i landsbyen saa j maatte dra laaaangt for aa faa det sist!)! hadde du en fin bursdag? haape du faar en fantastisk flott julefeiring og at d blir digg paa infield i thailand og evt laos! savne deg; ska bli kjempekjekt aa se deg igjen i april; kroelltopp! :) klem fra inki

faith said...

was that a pig or a dog, on the plate? maaa!